Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Little Testimonial/Devotional

This is a post from my personal blog that I felt I should post on here too. Hope you enjoy a little Spiritual boost from our dear Sister Dew :)

"Jesus Christ Himself has promised, 'Draw near unto me & I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently & ye shall find me; ask, & ye shall receive; knock, & it shall be opened unto you' (Doctrine & Covenants 88:63). There are no disclaimers or exceptions in His invitation. We are the ones who determine whether or not we will come unto Him. The drawing near, seeking, asking, & knocking are up to us. And the more we know about the Lord--meaning the more we experience His mercy, devotion, & willingness to guide us even when we may not feel worthy of His direction--the more confident we become that He will respond to our petitions." -Sheri Dew ("No Doubt About It", pg.27)

What an amazing woman. I love reading/listening to her inspiring words.

There's no doubt about it..I know the Church to be true. The Gospel is real, the Holy Spirit is powerful, & I know for a fact our Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ loves us deeply & is watching over us as we walk through this life of turmoil & struggle...but I know by leaning towards our Savior, our burdens, strifes, stresses, aches, pains, & heartaches may be lifted. Which then will bring us peace & comfort, which leads to joy & happiness.

May we take this day, the Sabbath day, & remember Him, our Lord & Savior. To thank Him for all that He has done, for the love that He has given us, & for the chance to be made clean & live with Him & our Father in heaven again.

...It's a wonderful life...

No comments:

Post a Comment