Thursday, November 14, 2013

February 12th, 2008 Book of Mormon Class Entry

"It is about God giving us trials to help us return home to him."
 
"He gives us trials to help us remember Him."
{Above are notes from my Book of Mormon class back in 2008}

It's amazing, I look back on the struggles, my trials, and on those days that forced me to choose a side. Those are the times when I can see who I am, why I am here, and what my mission is here on earth. What is my mission? To return home to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again one day, pure and clean (as much as we can do ourselves, with a little help from our Savior, of course!). For eternity. With my family. This is the ultimate goal.

When you are put into a hard situation like mentioned before, you think, "Okay, I can either give up, or I can be strong and stand on the Lord's side." It's like saying, "Okay, I have this trial in my life. I can either laugh my way through it, or cry the whole way through." Happy-Sad. Good-Bad. You choose. So I chose. That was when I knew what I wanted. Those were the moments when my testimony grew and was strengthened. That was when I knew my Heavenly Father loved me and has and always will be right there, by my side.

What have you learned through your trials in life? What will you take from it? Will you choose to fight, be strong, and have good courage through the Lord? I hope so. For that is the only way to be truly happy. He has a plan for you! And ultimately, all of these trials we face that are not so fun at the time, become such a blessing in the end! I always learn and gain so much from them. Don't you?

Remember: God's plan for you is wayyyyy better than what you've thought up in your mind already. (No offense, but seriously...He has showed me up a time or two ;)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment